Helping hand for a friend in a band. Anyone? Foot Switch Midi Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyHazzerdaky

Alrighty there, Roy here

I'm currently undertaking this project for my band, our lead vocalist needs a midi foot switch pedal to operate different plug-ins within logic pro. I've done various Max/Msp programming projects and last year I also constructed an LED display for my flat, it's an area that i'm new to and very excited to be learning within.

So for this project I need five foot switches that will send midi messages to logic pro. I have spoke to friend about this and he gave me some advice as well as some gear to help.

My kit currently includes

Teensy 2.0 with pin heads
Teensy 2.0 without pin heads
5 DPDT Locking Foot Switches
Solder
Soldering Iron
2 metres of bell wire
20 different coloured LED
Breadboard
Arduino with Teensy add-on Loader Software
Teensy Loader Software

I'm going to be spending today and tomorrow trying to find out information on building this and hopefully making a prototype by monday.
I you have any ideas or useful knowledge that might help me build this, I would much appreciate your input.

Also if you're into psychedelic 60's music and possibly interested in checking out the band i'm in heres the link

--> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXp3bAcPp1cRpoHwGXCLXpQ/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Thanks for having a read, much appreciated
Have a nice weekend
Roy

This might be too overly obvious, but a USB cable you'll need isn't on your list. If the cable will go on a stage floor, you'll probably want to get the USB mini-B panel cable so you'll have a large and more rugged USB connector on the outside of the box. Then you'd use a normal USB cable that's easily replaceable if it gets damaged.

Also, resistors should be on that list! Don't forget to put resistors in series with those LEDs.

If the Teensy is inside the same box as the switches and the wires aren't long, you can probably use the internal pullup resistors. But if you run a lengthy wire between the Teensy and switches, using a real resistor (lower value that the one inside the chip) like 4.7K or even 1K is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back