Teensy 3.0, USB Joystick input not detected after PC reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

W11cE

I have made my own joystick device that i use on my pc.

After rebooting pc no joystick input from teensy 3.0 is detected. I can see teensy in joy.cpl and it sees the number of axes and buttons correctly, but axes are locked to mid position and buttons to off. After reconnecting teensy it works again, but this happens after every pc reboot and disconnecting usb cable is annoying. With teensy 2.0 this does not happen.

I use arduino IDE and this happens at least on Win7 64-bit and Win8 32-bit PCs.

Is this a bug or just a feature that is on teensy 3.0 bootloader ?

Is this a bug or just a feature that is on teensy 3.0 bootloader ?

It's probably a bug. I can look at this next week. Odds will be much better for a fix if you could post a small sample program, perhaps just moving the x axis automatically back and forth, which is confirmed to reproduce the bug when viewing with joy.cpl.

Ok, here is a small example that moves X axis:

Code:
void setup()  { 
} 

void loop()  { 

for(int Xvalue = 0 ; Xvalue <= 1023; Xvalue ++) { 
    Joystick.X(Xvalue);                          
  } 

for(int Xvalue = 1023 ; Xvalue >= 0; Xvalue --) { 
    Joystick.X(Xvalue);                              
  } 
}

But it doesnt matter what code is used. For me it happens with every code.

Can it be that I am seeing something similar with the serial port? When rebooting the host, my Teensy 3's serial port hangs, unplugging/replugging fixes ist, and it works fine once plugged in again.

Hello! I am brand new to teensy development and thought it was just me doing something wrong. I have the exact same problem with the same scenario, the teensy operating as a device to control buttons and pots is not properly detected on reboot and you have to reset the USB for it to start working.

If there are any workarounds please let me know.

Regards,
...Colin

Have you tried the latest version?

A bug with rebooting the raspberry pi was fixed. It turned out to be a memory leak deep within the USB code. Odds are good it was also related to this. Please install 1.15 and confirm if this problem is fixed, or if it still happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back