FreeIMU questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwaegel

First of all, is there another forum for FreeIMU discussion? I'd rather not clutter up a Teensy-specific forum with general questions.

On to technical questions:

1) The newer version of I2Cdev that comes with the MPU-9150 (from SparkFun) removed the use of SPI, but the FreeIMU libraries still use it. This is causing a problem when trying to integrate the two. Is SPI still needed? Can I remove it from FreeIMU?

2) What part of FreeIMU actually contains the motion fusion algorithms? There are several example projects, and it is not clear what each is meant for...

I'm late as usual...

I think the dev forum can be found here.

I read in your other post (here) that you managed to get the FreeIMU examples working.
Is it rude of me to ask if you could share the modified library files?

I am using the MPU-6050, and I haven't been able to resolve all compiling issues.

The MPU6050_raw example does compile now (after I changed the variable names from MPU6050 to MPU60X0), but prints -1 for every value.

Sure, I can share the library files. I'll probably put them up on GitHub when I have a chance, since I'm already using git to track my changes.

The compatibility changes mostly involved using int16_t in the public interface rather than int. I also added some #define's for the MPU9150, though the compass data for that is clearly broken. I tried to calibrate it and got an hour-glass shape rather than an ellipsoid. Not really how to start fixing that.

That would be awesome, thanks!

As far as I know the MPU-6050 doesn't have an internal compass, so I can't test the code for the compass itself.

Are you using the calibration code from the website, or its repository?
Asking this because of the note on the page:
NOTE: You have to use the FreeIMU_library available on the repository, not the one on the project webpage.

I'm using the version from the launchpad repository, rev 49. I'm hoping to clone that with git and apply my changes on top, to maintain the change log.

From the spec sheet, the MPU-9150 contains a MPU-6050 plus a compass on the same package. I think they are drop-in replacements as long you you are only reading the acceleration and gyro data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back