Suggestion for IDE folder structure

Avenue33

In most other implementations of the Processing/Wiring/Arduino IDE, the folder hardware/... contains cores and libraries:

• Arduino 1.5: hardware/arduino/avr contains cores and libraries; hardware/arduino/avr contains cores and libraries
  • Mpide: hardware/PIC32 contains cores and libraries
  • Energia: hardware/msp430 contains cores and libraries; hardware/lm4f contains cores and libraries

May I suggest to place:

• Teensyduino for Teensy: cores and libraries inside hardware/teensy folder
  • Teensyduino for Teensy 3: cores and libraries inside hardware/teensy3 folder

Thank you and best regards,

Teensy currently only supports Arduino IDE 1.0.3, which does not support those conventions. The files are installed according to the conventions 1.0.3 defines.

I plan to support 1.5.x, but at the moment the Arduino developers are still making significant changes to the platforms.txt, library search and other important details. I'm waiting for a while, mostly because people seem to be pretty happy with Teensy on 1.0.3 at the moment, but also because I'm not excited about having to redo a lot of work for 1.5.x as the Arduino developers change stuff. Hopefully it will stabilize nicely before more people make the 1.0.3 to 1.5.x switch?

Hopefully it will stabilize nicely before more people make the 1.0.3 to 1.5.x switch?

I think your priorities are good. Just too many moving parts between T3 libraries and 1.5.2 beta IDE.
Time is much better spent on getting the USB host going ;-)

Back