teensy3 and ardueye stonyman vision chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

cncbits

Hi

We've been working on an eye tracking project using ardueye/stonyman chip with good success. We have migrated the two file that need changing for the teensy 2++ and have this working, but would like to migrate to teensy 3. The SMH file and pin defs file is posted here
http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/18886-Teensy2-with-stonyman-vision-breakout-board-part-1
Can someone help by pointing us in the right direction please. I don't know C structure very well so with the teensy 3's pin setups and yes I've read the tutorial as presented on the forum on pin emulation but I'm still stuck.
The files submitted are for the teensy 2++ so you can get an idea of what needs to change and in what format
thanks

Last edited:
Yes the SMH header file which points to the pin defs which also needs changing. The two text files we posted in our link are what we changed in those two files to get the teensy 2++ working but the teensy 3 being a ARM requires skills outside of our range
thanks

To move forward with the Teensy 3 the best and fastest option is to try and align the pin header file which is in the SMH library otherwise you have to rewrite both the SMH header file and the C++ file. If I can be shown how to assimilate the three pin file requirements for the DDRx , PORTx , and PINx , in the pindefs file then it's all straight forward.
The attached zip file has our version of the pin header for the teensy2++ the SMH file which was ammended and an example. These need to be added to the teensyduino and the ardueye files from ardueye.com. We are using both arduino1.0 and 1.03.
If the pin mapping in the pin header file cannot be done for teensy 3 please say so and we will stick with the 2++
thanks

Attachments

• pin_defs_1286.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 160
complete project file

complete project file including where we tried for teensy3 by removing the need to a teensy 3 pin def but it errors out. All files here to run on 1.03 the example with v2 will run teensy 2 sucessfully the v3 example is for teensy 3 but also needs the C++ files ammended

Attachments

• CYE_Images_v1.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 163
T3 running just on SMH example

Zip file has relevant SMH library alterations and example. SMH runs just using processing sketch for GUI
001.JPGt3ardueye.jpg

Attachments

• ArduEye_SMH3.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 184
teensy 2 & 2++ running Ardueye

001.JPG32u4going.jpgModified zip file attached for using digital write method in SMH files

Attachments

• ArduEye_SMH.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back