Teensy++ 2.0 MIDI "no device found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertymodo

I'm trying out the USB MIDI device type on the Teensy++ 2.0, but it's not showing up as an available device in my DAW. I have loaded up a simple note on/note off sketch and set the device type to MIDI. It enumerates fine, shows up in Device Manager as a sound device (Win7 x64), but when I load up my application, it can't find any MIDI devices. I don't know if it's relevant, but the chip gets really hot (not so hot that I can't touch it, but it does sting when I do). This is a brand new board, I've had it all of an hour, but other simple tests like programming the LED blink sketch seem to work just fine. Any idea why it's not being recognized by my DAW? If it helps, here's the code I'm running:

Code:
uint32_t timer = 0;
bool note = false;

void loop()
{
  if(millis() > timer)
  {
    if(note)
    {
      usbMIDI.sendNoteOff(50, 64, 1);
      note = false;
    }

else
    {
      usbMIDI.sendNoteOn(50, 64, 1);
      note = true;
    }

timer = millis() + 2000;
  }
}

Weird... I tried flashing a few different sketches back and forth, and eventually, it worked. I really don't know what was up with it. Thanks, though, for pointing me at MIDIOX, I hadn't seen it before, and it should be really helpful in debugging my project as I go.

Just as a side note for future reference: if your DAW is Live 8, this happens with all sorts of things. I had an Akai MPK25 that wouldn't be recognized in Live 8.2.7 no matter what I did. I finally was told "bang on the keys for at least 30 seconds, then unplug and replug". That, of all things, worked. Weirdest thing was, I offered the same advice to someone else having issues with issues with an MPK49 and it worked for them too! I suspect there's something awry with the midi stack in Live 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back