NES Four Score to USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBear

I have a Teensy 2.0 from previous projects that worked perfect. I'm looking for a new project and wanted to convert my NES Four Score to USB. Basically the same thing as this:
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/4nes4snes/

I've seen a couple projects that retrofit NES/SNES controllers but I want to keep my controllers original and try to convert the signal. Will this be possible? Thanks for the help/suggestions.

I appreciate it. I don't have a technical background so please excuse my improper terminology. I've seen those projects and while they look very cool I want to take the stock signal from the NES controller and convert it to USB. It seems those projects replace the internals of the controller. Has anyone taken a propitiatory/serial communication and converted to USB? Thanks again.

The one on instructibles appears to be merely connecting to the existing signals. Just because they're placing the Teensy inside the controller and you want to put it outside doesn't mean you should disregard the info. It looks like pretty much exactly what you need, only placed in a physically different location, but electrically and software-wise exactly what you're trying to accomplish. That instructible also has links to a lot of other information about the NES controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back