Teensy XBee Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNTEngineer

I need to know which direction to orient the XBee in the sockets on the XBee Shield? Does the front of the XBee go towards the Resistors, or does it go the other direction?

Also on a side note, one of the pads for the smd capacitor peeled up, but I was able to tack the capacitor in place anyways. Should this be fine or should I use some superglue to make sure the part doesnt peel up?

This page has a photo of the XBee on the adaptor.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_XBee.html

Please be aware that adaptor is only for Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0. It's not designed for Teensy 3.0.

It will probably still work, even if one of the pads got slightly damaged, as long as it's still making the correct electrical contact. Of course, I can't see the PCB, so this advise is pretty generic....

This page has a photo of the XBee on the adaptor.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_XBee.html

Please be aware that adaptor is only for Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0. It's not designed for Teensy 3.0.

It will probably still work, even if one of the pads got slightly damaged, as long as it's still making the correct electrical contact. Of course, I can't see the PCB, so this advise is pretty generic....

Hi Paul, recently receive my Teensy 2.0 and 3.0. Fabulous service, and quick to come to Europe. Just one regret : I should have added the xbee adapter as well to my order ;-)

A small question on SD and XBee : can I run the Teensy 2.0 itself at 3.3V ? In that case, should I select 3V3/shorten pins for the SD adaptor ? I presume there is a risk of destructing the SD card if I leave it it while I connect USB for programming the Teensy, but could I destroy the level shifter as well ?

Any plans to release information soon on how to use XBee and SD adaptors with 3.0 ?

Here is a closeup shot. I added a bit more solder than required to make sure that the capacitor doesnt peel up.

DSC05243_cropped.jpg

A small question on SD and XBee : can I run the Teensy 2.0 itself at 3.3V ? In that case, should I select 3V3/shorten pins for the SD adaptor ? I presume there is a risk of destructing the SD card if I leave it it while I connect USB for programming the Teensy, but could I destroy the level shifter as well ?

My personal opinion would be to run teensy at 5 volts, and SD and xBee at 3.3V with an external regulator and a level shifter like the HEF4050.

Any plans to release information soon on how to use XBee and SD adaptors with 3.0 ?

I would appreciate if you didnt hijack my thread. Please make your own thread in the future.

You can run the Teensy on 3.3V. There is an option to install the 3.3V regulator on the bottom of the Teensy. You'll also need to cut a trace that is on the bottom to select the 3.3V option. Also the clock of the ATMEGA will decrease in speed from 16Mhz to 8Mhz.

Still dont know if this is ok? Im going to run it this weekend to verify its operation. *crosses fingers*

I can't see any peeled-up pads, but it looks like it's good to me. I've peeled up entire traces before...that's when you get into trouble. If in doubt, grab your ohmmeter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back