Teensy 3.0 Serial Number Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

LANman247

Is there any word yet on when we can expect to get serial number support for the Teensy 3.0? Currently the Teensy 3.0's iSerialNumber shows up as "12345." For the product I am developing, it would be ideal to uniquely identify each one's iSerialNumber shown in the descriptor via PC-side software (tracking each product, authentication, etc.). I know that I can manually change this number by modifying usb_desc.c, but that would require me to compile individualized firmware updates for my customers.

I added this just a few days ago.

I've been holding off releasing Teensyduino 1.14 because Arduino 1.0.5 is expected to release soon. On github, they increase the rev on May 29. Usually they've released within 1 week of increasing the rev, so this delay is really unusual.

Maybe I should publish a preview or release candidate now?

I added this just a few days ago.

I've been holding off releasing Teensyduino 1.14 because Arduino 1.0.5 is expected to release soon. On github, they increase the rev on May 29. Usually they've released within 1 week of increasing the rev, so this delay is really unusual.

Maybe I should publish a preview or release candidate now?

Oh, excellent! If it's not too much trouble, a preview / release candidate would be much appreciated. That would give me more time to implement and test the feature before I gear up for the launch of my product.

A release candidate would be good for us. Then we can flush out any problems with oscuino and synchronise releases of our library with teensy and presumabaly Arduino 1.0.5 soon thereafter.

Woot! Just saw your post, Paul! I will try this tonight and report back on how well it worked for me. I apologize for the delay; I've been swamped at work for the last couple of days. Thank you!!

So far, so good! The serial number is showing up correctly on the PC-side. Thank you for doing a release candidate with the current Arduino version :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back