Official Distributors

If I see Laen at the DorkbotPDX meetup tomorrow, I'll try to remember to mention it.

But in the grand scheme of things, this is just a temporary shortage. We recently made some changes on the back end that should prevent this from happening again (unless there's a huge spike in sales... nothing can prepare for that).

Olimex is a well established company in the EU. It could be said that in ways they are a PJRC competitor. They started many years ago being a PCB fab shop.

Hi

I live in NZ and there is no distributor down here (there are a couple in Australia) ...I'm quite happy buying direct from pjrc, and I know it is none of my business ... but there is a radio shack like company that carries arduino products down here (in australasia (autralia and New Zealand)) .... they do robotics, solar panels, electronic parts etc ... you get the picture ...and as i said they carry arduino. their name is jaycar ... might be worth approaching them?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaycar

EDIT .... I think nicegear is your NZ distributor?? is that right ... I just discovered them after writing this ...

HI
This is not request for distributor
Its request for adding my country for making order
I see in your list of country its still exist Yugoslavia today YU is in 6 peaces
Can you please add Macedonia in Address and Contact Information-Country

Thanks

Is it possible (as this is a stickied post) to update the list?

OpenLab in Australia no longer seems to be operating and haven't updated any social media since October 2015.

Hello,
do you have further distributors in Austria?

Physical Computing is closing its shop soon.

HackerspaceShop has no Teensy on stock.

Many thanks in advance!

Gerhard

Last edited:
Hello,
thanks for your help.
I orderred a board at Exp Tech because of the lowest shipping costs.

regards
Gerhard

Hey, we are huge fans of the teensy and would love to become a reseller. Is there any reason why you do not reply to any of our emails or forum messages?

Hey, we are huge fans of the teensy and would love to become a reseller. Is there any reason why you do not reply to any of our emails or forum messages?

I see just one single forum message from you, and that's the one above... but I'm sure that Paul and/or Robin will read it and reply.

I see just one single forum message from you, and that's the one above... but I'm sure that Paul and/or Robin will read it and reply.

Thanks for your reply. I was referring to a private message I sent to Robin. We also sent an email in July and one in August but did not receive any response unfortunately.

Use email if you need to contact us directly. Neither Robin nor I use the private messages feature on this forum. I have PM disabled. We should probably make sure it's disabled on her account too.

For email, mention Teensy in the subject or near the beginning of your (hopefully short) message. We get a lot of spam, so your message needs to first get through the filters, and then not mistaken for some generic non-Teensy message. Many phishing and malware scams now try to send a message that looks like business correspondence. If there's no mention of anything specific, your message is likely to get mistaken for one of those.

If you want to be a distributor, you need to tell us about your business. Recently we've been getting requests from very generic companies (no apparent experience with electronics, maker, arduino, etc) who appear to have business model of just buying almost anything and reselling on amazon or ebay or elsewhere. You don't want your message to look like one of those, because we just delete them without a 2nd thought.

This is the message we sent:

Hello Paul,

a friend and me run a small online shop, where we sell miniature robotic arms: <url>
We developed an open source robot controller to control the robots: <url>

Since the controller is not included with the robots, we recommend our customers to use a Teensy 3.2 microcontroller.
We also created a simple breakout board for easy connection of the servos: <url>

As many of our customers buy Teensys to control the robots, we would love to also offer them in our shop.
Can you please provide us with the conditions for becoming a Teensy reseller?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards from Germany,

Maximilian Beck

I am not sure why it did not meet your criteria.

To be honest, I am quite disappointed that we did not receive any response. Running a small shop for miniature robots and beeing makers ourselves we love to program microcontrollers, especially the Teensy. We will still recommend our customers to buy a Teensy even though they have to visit another shop. It is ok if you prefer larger online shops as reseller, but please tell us.

Placed just a prototype PCB order (for a non-Teensy related RF circuit) on OSH Park and was surprised that they suggested me to buy a Teensy 3.2 as an add-on for only 17$ and free shipping (which seems great because they are much more expensive in France). Are these genuine Teensy 3.2 from PJRC?

Back