Teensy 3.0 and Firmata and Bluetooth via BLUESmirf

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsteeze

Hello,
I am nearing the end of a project and I am getting so frustrated trying to get the BLUESmirf to work on my Teensy 3.0 Currently I have VCC-VCC, GND-GND, TX on the Bluesmirf to Pin 0 on the Teensy and Pin 1 on the Teensy to RX on the Bluesmirf.

I know that the Bluesmirf works because I tested it hooked up this way to an arduino uno and it worked no problem. Also, I have tried connecting RTS to CTS, and tried not connecting. The bluesmirf does connect to my computer, but I cannot control the Teensy from MAX as I can with the Uno. I have firmata installed on the Teensy and when I use Firmata test, nothing shows up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's about the serial

Hello,
I am nearing the end of a project and I am getting so frustrated trying to get the BLUESmirf to work on my Teensy 3.0 Currently I have VCC-VCC, GND-GND, TX on the Bluesmirf to Pin 0 on the Teensy and Pin 1 on the Teensy to RX on the Bluesmirf.

I know that the Bluesmirf works because I tested it hooked up this way to an arduino uno and it worked no problem. Also, I have tried connecting RTS to CTS, and tried not connecting. The bluesmirf does connect to my computer, but I cannot control the Teensy from MAX as I can with the Uno. I have firmata installed on the Teensy and when I use Firmata test, nothing shows up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried using this line of code?
Serial1.begin(9600);

I had the same problem, and I resolve it writing a 1 after the "Serial" word.

Have you tried using this line of code?
Serial1.begin(9600);

I had the same problem, and I resolve it writing a 1 after the "Serial" word.

I have not, I am using the firmata firmware/sketch which uses Firmata.begin(57600) Nowhere in the sketch does Serial.begin appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back