Teensy 3.0 Voltage 3.3v - Pc problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamamolf

Hello

I am new to Teensy stuff and i am ready to buy the new Teensy 3 but the voltage seems to not be as Teensy 2 default usb 5v ....

I don't know what is the plus or minus for this as i want to do some simple tasks without using external power supply ....

Just connect to my pc load some code on it and then connect it to other pc's and run my code .

Can you please post more details?

Thank you

If you use the USB to power the teensy, you won't have to worry, as the Teensy 3.0 has an on board voltage regulator that converts the 5 volts from the USB power source to the 3.3 volts that the board works with. Now, any devices you connect to the Teeny has to be safe at 3.3 volts instead of 5 volts. For example, you might need to adjust resistors for LEDs to deal with the different voltage level. A lot of things are compatible with both 3.3 volts and 5 volts. Some are 5 volts only and will not work with 3.3 volts, and vice versa.

I tend to also use cell phone battery chargers to provide power when I'm not near a wall jack, and the wall worts used for charging phones, if I don't want to connect it to a computer. I like it, because I can use the same solution for both my Arduino and Teensy 3.0 (changing cables, due to the Arduino using the old USB B cable instead of the newer micro cable). Similarly, if you have a Teensy 2.0, you should be able to use it (though I believe a Teensy 2.0 uses the old mini cable).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back