Teensy boards don't load with Arduino IDE when associated .ino file is double-clicked

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisOdom

Even though I checked "Automatically associate .ino files with Arduino" under File >> Preferences of the Arduino IDE menu, when I double-click on my .ino files the IDE opens, I am unable to upload my sketches because the Teensy boards are not loaded. That is clicking Tools >> Board from the menu bar shows no Teensy boards. If I open the Arduino IDE and THEN open my files using the IDE, it works fine.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Maybe you have 2 copies of the Arduino software on your computer, one with Teensyduino install, and another (the one that's running when you click the .ino file) that doesn't have Teensyduino added?

Good call, Paul, but something is still screwy. The associated files were opening up an earlier Arduino version. However I had to delete the Arduino application folder from the system registry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\arduino.exe, and then in Windows use "Open with..." to associate .ino files with Arduino. This worked

However, when I try to do it using the Arduino IDE (File >> Preferences >> Automatically associate...) the change is not permanent. Even if I change the setting in preferences.txt it immediately reverts to unchecked. This is after I deleted all instances of arduino and started over from scratch.

You are kind to answer my question even though it apparently has nothing to do with the Teensy or Teensyduino. Please don't feel obligated to respond. I'm loving your board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back