Receiving data from ableton? in teensy 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

noiseworker

Hi!

I want to build a MIDI controller for Ableton live , then , I need to recieve data from Ableton to switch on or of the button's led .

How can I receive this data info from Ableton ?

Thanks

For the LED: Pretty sure Ableton can send a MIDI Note On back to the Teensy which you could use to turn on or off an LED (using the note velocity 0 for OFF, 1-127 for ON). Heck you could painlessly give the LED 127 levels of brightness if it happened to be on a PWM pin.

FWIW, The Teensy-using MIDI controller Instructable by FuzzyWobble is slightly dated (1.5 years old) but it was way ahead of it's time, making it very timely: http://www.instructables.com/id/A-Framework-For-Making-Affordable-Stylish-Modula/

True, he is not way into the LEDs, but it is a big and helpful jump past the demo code that comes with the Teensy.

I agree, DrJohn really answered this well.

You might also try the example code in File > Examples > Teensy > USB_MIDI > PrintIncoming. Just run the example, open the Arduino Serial Monitor to see the data, and try to send MIDI messages from Ableton. When you get stuff printing in the serial monitor, then edit the code to use those numbers to control your LEDs.

Hey guys,

How did you go with this? Ill be starting up a similar project soon so would be interested to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back