PROBLEMS WITH SERIAL2 and SERIAL3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared9535

Hey paul...

I was hoping you could offer some wisdom... Im having an impossible timing using serial2 or serial3 with teensy 3.0... Serial1 writes and prints fine to my lcd screen... its a simple serial lcd screen... with a ground, voltage, and rx pin... however, i cant get serial2 or 3 to print or write to the lcd screen... im using the appropriate pins on teensy... pin 10 for serial2 and pin 8 for serial3... however nothing transmits... my main goal is to send midi messages at the same time as i send serial messages however when i try to send both on the same pin... (pin1) i get crazy midi messages and messed up serial messages to the lcd.... Heres the simple test code I tried... just to get it to print ANYTHING... the lcd uses 19200 baudrate... as i said serial1 works fine...

void setup(){
Serial2.begin(19200);
}

void loop(){
Serial2.print("test");
delay (400);
}

Opps, that's an embarrassing regression / bug. Looks like the optimizations in Serial1 broke certain cases for Serial2 and Serial3.

Here are files to fix it. Just copy these to hardware/teensy/cores/teensy3.

Attachments

• HardwareSerial.h
    4.5 KB · Views: 220
  • serial2.c
    3.9 KB · Views: 232
  • serial3.c
    3.9 KB · Views: 212
thanks

Opps, that's an embarrassing regression / bug. Looks like the optimizations in Serial1 broke certain cases for Serial2 and Serial3.

Here are files to fix it. Just copy these to hardware/teensy/cores/teensy3.

worked like a charm ... thanks... i thought i was going insane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back