Fpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnj

1) I understand the Freescale part used does not have an FPU, but other similar ones do. Is this true?

2) Is there a part with the same pinout which DOES have an FPU? Could a variation of the board be produced with this part? Please?

1) I understand the Freescale part used does not have an FPU, but other similar ones do. Is this true?

Yes, and maybe. The MK20DX128 does not have a FPU. Some other parts listed on Freescale's website do. Whether those parts actually exist and are shipping in volume is a good question.

2) Is there a part with the same pinout which DOES have an FPU?

No, no such chip currently exists. Nor can the Mini54 chip, as it is programmed now, be used with the larger chips.

Could a variation of the board be produced with this part? Please?

Teensy++ 3.0 is in development now.

I can't discuss any technical details, because all the info has been shared with PJRC under a non-disclosure agreement. Until Freescale publicly releases this new chip, I can't even talk about whether or not it might have a FPU. I also can't tell you when it will be released (I honestly do not know), but I can observe they're usually been late/delayed on other chips.

I can tell you I'm excited about the new board. I believe it will be worth the wait.

Thank you for the info, and thank you VERY MUCH for the WOOHOO! heads up on Teensy++ 3.0.

I am excited by the regular Teensy 3.0, but I am wild with anticipation about the ++ version.

I have enjoyed exploring the Freescale site looking for potential next gen. chips. Even in announced chips that are sampling with "Advance Information"
data sheet summaries there are interesting
features that would be welcome in the next Teensy, e.g., DACs, PGA for ADC's, 8-channel motor controller
in this one: K30P144M100SF2V2

This one K22P80M50SF4 has two SPI and two I2C, 4 UART's, and the 8channel motor controller and a DAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back