rx1, rx2, rx3 input causing teensy3 to reprogram

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualdave

I'm scratching my head on this. I have an orientation sensor that I currently have streaming data every 100ms (mainly for testing at this point). Sensor is powered by its own 3v3 power supply. t3 powered by usb cable connected to cpu. I have a jumper connecting grounds. Tx out of the sensor connected to pin0 (rx1) on the t3.

Once I get everything powered up the t3 continually reprograms itself with the current sketch. As soon as I break the tx/rx connection (i.e. remove the jumper from rx1) the issue stops (however a bit difficult to get the data out of the sensor). Same happens on rx2 and rx3 pins. The reset/reprogramming also stops if I disconnect the common ground cable, too (but I also get no data).

I've tried a couple different t3's and reconnected everything on the breadboard without luck. To make sure the sensor is behaving I've connected to my little serial-to-usb bob and get the data fine onto the CPU.

Anyone else come across this? I'm a bit baffled.

Thanks,
David

Never mind! It's somewhere in my sketch. In the process of simplifying the code to share the issue went away. Not 100% sure at the moment what in my code would have done what I mentioned above, but once I isolate it I'll be sure to share.

Thanks,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back