Teensy Loader will not fully detect Teensy 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I can not get the Teensy Loader application on any computer, tried on both Mac and PC, to recognize my Teensy 3. The Teensy reacts as expected however. Upon plugging the usb micro cable into the Teensy 3 the slow LED blink application launches. When I press the button on the Teensy 3 to load the HalfKay bootloader, the Teensy Loader application does not change from the "Press Button to Activate" image to the standard load image but the LED stops blinking.

I have looked at the Verbose Info and I see the following messages:

initialized, showing main window
HID/macos: attach callback
HID/macos: number of devices found = 1
HID/macos: vid=16C0, pid=0478, page=FF9C, usage=001D
HID/macos: none of the devices had known usage

Judging form this information, it appears as though the device is being detected. Does anyone have any insight into why the loader is not functioning as expected?

Thank you all!

Are you using Teensy Loader 1.0.7 (from Teensyduino) or 1.0.6 (from the stand-alone page)? Use Help > About to check the version.

You need 1.0.7 to work with Teensy3.

Also, there's a known problem on Macs. I am working to discover what's going wrong on with OS-X, so I can make a fix.

If you're experiencing that Mac-released issue, please subscribe to that thread and post any comments about it there.

Thank you very much Paul. 1.0.7 did indeed work correctly. However, now I am experiencing a different issue. I was able to send the "Slow LED blink" test program to the Teensy 3, then reboot, then send the "Fast LED blink" test program to the unit, and reboot, but neither of them actually worked. Now, I no longer have a default slow blink program OR the HalfKay Bootloader on the Teensy 3. Any idea what may have happened or what I could do to reset the Teensy?

then send the "Fast LED blink" test program to the unit, and reboot, but neither of them actually worked.

Those 2 files only work on Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0. They're not written for Teensy 3.0.

Now, I no longer have a default slow blink program OR the HalfKay Bootloader on the Teensy 3.

You do still have the bootloader. It can not be erased. Just turn off auto mode (if it's on), then press the button on Teensy3. Teensy Loader should respond by detecting the board.

You must install Arduino and Teensyduino to use Teensy3. Here is the page:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

In Arduino, open the LED blink from File > Examples > 01.Basics > Blink. Make sure Tools > Boards is set to Teensy 3.0. Then click the Upload button. Teensy Loader 1.0.7 should automatically appear. If the board has that Teensy2 code you previously loaded, automatic reboot will not be possible. After about 5 seconds, you'll see a message at the bottom of the Arduino window asking you to manually press the button. When you do, Teensy Loader 1.0.7 will recognize the board and automatically load the Blink example from Arduino. Then you'll get the LED blinking, and future uploads should work without pressing the button.

Firstly, thank you very much for your help. I really do appreciate the time.

However, the final step is not working.

In Arduino, open the LED blink from File > Examples > 01.Basics > Blink. Make sure Tools > Boards is set to Teensy 3.0. Then click the Upload button. Teensy Loader 1.0.7 should automatically appear. If the board has that Teensy2 code you previously loaded, automatic reboot will not be possible. After about 5 seconds, you'll see a message at the bottom of the Arduino window asking you to manually press the button.

This all works as expected.

When you do, Teensy Loader 1.0.7 will recognize the board and automatically load the Blink example from Arduino.

This does not however. The Teesy Loader 1.0.7 never recognizes the board and Arduino never gives me any further feedback other than:

Please press the RESET BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch. Auto-reboot only works if the Teensy is running a previous sketch.

I tried it fresh on a different computer and after Arduino, Teensyduino, and the USB Serial drivers were correctly installed. It worked. I was able to upload the Blink program and it seems to be recognized regularly by the Teensy Loader 1.0.7

Thank you for your help Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back