Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: teensy 3 and fastspi_led2 compilation issues

teensy 3 and fastspi_led2 compilation issues

Hi,
    I am trying to run the fastspi_led2 library on the teensy 3.0 using the latest teensyduino 1.15, but get a long list of compilation errors when trying to verify my arduino sketch, so I assume either the library isnīt compatible with teensy 3 yet or I am missing out on something basic.

I first used the initial location of the library (in my /sketches/library folder) where I have it working on an Arduino uno, and later moved it into the libraries folder inside the Arduino.app where the other teensyduino libraries are installed, but this didnīt solve the issue.

This is the first lines of a very long log of the compilation errors:

Arduino: 1.0.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Teensy 3.0"
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/arm-none-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mcpu=cortex-m4 -DF_CPU=96000000 -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -mthumb -nostdlib -D__MK20DX128__ -fno-rtti -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/teensy/cores/teensy3 -I/Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2 /var/folders/Gi/GiTf5ITdHWm++psK9TEs5++++TQ/-Tmp-/build4345455830642021399.tmp/Fast2Dev.cpp -o /var/folders/Gi/GiTf5ITdHWm++psK9TEs5++++TQ/-Tmp-/build4345455830642021399.tmp/Fast2Dev.cpp.o
    In file included from /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi.h:45:0,
    from /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/FastSPI_LED2.h:6,
    from Fast2Dev.ino:10:
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h: In static member function 'static void ARMHardwareSPIOutput<_DATA_PIN, _CLOCK_PIN, _SPI_CLOCK_DIVIDER>::Write<CONT_STATE, WAIT_STATE, LAST_STATE>::writeWord(uint16_t)':
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h:232:41: error: 'SPI0_PUSHR_EOQ' was not declared in this scope
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h:233:41: error: 'SPI0_PUSHR_CONT' was not declared in this scope
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h:234:34: error: there are no arguments to 'SPI0_PUSHR_CTAS' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'SPI0_PUSHR_CTAS' must be available [-fpermissive]
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h:234:34: note: (if you use '-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h: In static member function 'static void ARMHardwareSPIOutput<_DATA_PIN, _CLOCK_PIN, _SPI_CLOCK_DIVIDER>::Write<CONT_STATE, WAIT_STATE, LAST_STATE>::writeByte(uint8_t)':
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h:240:41: error: 'SPI0_PUSHR_EOQ' was not declared in this scope
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h:241:41: error: 'SPI0_PUSHR_CONT' was not declared in this scope
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h:242:34: error: there are no arguments to 'SPI0_PUSHR_CTAS' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'SPI0_PUSHR_CTAS' must be available [-fpermissive]
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h: In static member function 'static void ARMHardwareSPIOutput<_DATA_PIN, _CLOCK_PIN, _SPI_CLOCK_DIVIDER>::writeWord(uint16_t)':
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h:247:107: error: there are no arguments to 'SPI0_PUSHR_CTAS' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'SPI0_PUSHR_CTAS' must be available [-fpermissive]
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h: In static member function 'static void ARMHardwareSPIOutput<_DATA_PIN, _CLOCK_PIN, _SPI_CLOCK_DIVIDER>::writeWordNoWait(uint16_t)':
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h:248:105: error: there are no arguments to 'SPI0_PUSHR_CTAS' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'SPI0_PUSHR_CTAS' must be available [-fpermissive]
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h: In static member function 'static void ARMHardwareSPIOutput<_DATA_PIN, _CLOCK_PIN, _SPI_CLOCK_DIVIDER>::writeByte(uint8_t)':
    /Users/hcg/sketches/arduino/libraries/FastSPI_LED2/fastspi_arm.h:250:106: error: there are no arguments to 'SPI0_PUSHR_CTAS' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'SPI0_PUSHR_CTAS' must be available [-fpermissive]

This turned out to be an incompatibility between the latest teensyduino software and the fastspi_led2 library. Daniel Garcia just released RC2 of the library that seems to fix these issues.
    https://code.google.com/p/fastspi/downloads