is there USBTMC library for teensy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickpah

Hi.
I want to control some instruments , a simple project to push a button to enable a preset, no data transfer etc.
Can anyone point me to a TMC library or even a demo I can used to get started ?

thanks

michael

There is no test and measurement class support at this time.

Currently, Teensy only supports USB device mode. So if a TMC option were available, it would be used to make Teensy emulate a multimeter, function generator, oscilloscope, etc.

To connect TMC USB devices like multimeters to Teensy, you'd need Teensy to act as a USB host. The Teensy 2.0 hardware does not support host mode at all. Teensy3 had host-capable hardware, but currently there is no software support.

For more info about USB device and host roles, please review chapter 4 of the USB spec. Here's a direct link, to save you the trouble of digging through www.usb.org to find it. If you take a few minutes to read chapter 4 and maybe part of chapter 5, better knowledge about USB can really help in planning projects.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/beta/usb20.pdf

There is no test and measurement class support at this time.

Currently, Teensy only supports USB device mode. So if a TMC option were available, it would be used to make Teensy emulate a multimeter, function generator, oscilloscope, etc.

To connect TMC USB devices like multimeters to Teensy, you'd need Teensy to act as a USB host. The Teensy 2.0 hardware does not support host mode at all. Teensy3 had host-capable hardware, but currently there is no software support.

For more info about USB device and host roles, please review chapter 4 of the USB spec. Here's a direct link, to save you the trouble of digging through www.usb.org to find it. If you take a few minutes to read chapter 4 and maybe part of chapter 5, better knowledge about USB can really help in planning projects.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/beta/usb20.pdf

Thanks Paul.
After posting I did do a lot more research. I know that Host support for Teensy3 is on the roadmap. I'm not pushing for it or release date. I should have been clearer I think, just looking for any TMC library out there to help with my prelearning, they are pretty rare perhaps understandably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back