T3/arm real time audio classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxxx

hi ...

since a number of people around here seem to be using some combination of T3/audio codec/SD card (or some other input source), i was wondering whether people around here had any thoughts/advice about coming up with basic classes useful for audio (as in music), ie sample handling, i/o streams etc. i've mostly played around with DDS type stuff so far myself but would like to toy around with sample based things as well, which made me trying to get my head round how to integrate i2s/DMA and SDfat so as to keep it reusable and as hard-ware/setup independent as far as possible.

the negative example i have in mind is something like waveHC, which i haven't used much myself but seemed to be a) fairly specific to a particular shield/DAC (though that's probably not such a big deal) and b) didn't seem to provide much useful functionality over and above playing audio files, with samples pumped straight from the SD card into the DAC. (for instance, the way it deals with variable playback/sampling frequency is by adjusting the SPI timers controlling the DAC, rather than upsampling/downsampling, which i guess is the way to go when using audio codecs with fixed sampling rates). something like this - https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/stk/classstk_1_1FileWvIn.html - would seem more useful, though i'm not sure whether it makes a lot of sense trying to port STK's basic real time audio infrastructure to take advantage of this and much else (besides the fact that much of STK is float rather than q15).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back