gameduino 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
found this EVE Click which is a 3.3v compliant FT800 break out board with lcd connector and audio amp... Wonder how hard this would be to use on the teensy 3.0?

The author finally released the Gameduino 2 manual pdf and Arduino library.
We tried to use the Teensy 3 and the GD2 library to see if it would compile, with no errors, and it does!!!!
We do not have the Gameduino 2 hardware yet (Seeedstudio is sending it from China) but hopefully when it arrives we will try to connect it to the Teensy 3.0/3.1.
What is so great about the Gameduino 2 it has sound, touch, SD and a 4.3 LCD screen with most, if not all, of FTDI's Eve's FT800 graphics already debugged and tested ---> just plug and play. Our application is to use this module as a portable touch display.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's been playing with the hardware yet, but I have a couple of Gameduino 2's and everything works great out of the box with the Teensy 3.Xs (I haven't connected the accelerometer outputs up yet). I'm using the hardware SPI pins, CS's and interrupt as defined for a standard Arduino shield, and haven't tried tweaking/optimizing anything yet. The resistive touchscreen functions better than I anticipated.

Has anyone used it in a project yet?

The author finally released the Gameduino 2 manual pdf and Arduino library.
We tried to use the Teensy 3 and the GD2 library to see if it would compile, with no errors, and it does!!!!
Compiling without errors, unfortunately, doesn't really tell us too much. For instance, some of the Adafruit libraries compile perfectly with TeensyDuino for the Teensy 3.1, but they give incorrect values, compared to a true blue Arduino board. I am going to look into this once I get my W.A.L.T.E.R. 2.0 robot running with a Teensy 3.1 full time, which will hopefully be soon.

We do not have the Gameduino 2 hardware yet (Seeedstudio is sending it from China) but hopefully when it arrives we will try to connect it to the Teensy 3.0/3.1.
I will be watching for your experiences! I have the Gameduino 2 in my sights for possible use with a Teensy 3.1 in my wireless robot controller design.

What is so great about the Gameduino 2 it has sound, touch, SD and a 4.3 LCD screen with most, if not all, of FTDI's Eve's FT800 graphics already debugged and tested ---> just plug and play. Our application is to use this module as a portable touch display.
Yes, indeed! It has pretty much everything one might need for most touch display applications. I plan to get one, regardless of whether I use it for my robot controller or not.

8-Dale

Hello!! I want to display date and time on gameduino 2 but an error exists. I included the library time.h and it appears an error on this part:

int m;
m=minute();
GD.cmd_number=(10,10,20, OPT_CENTER, m);

.The error is :"error: invalid use of member (did you forget the '&' ?)"

Could you please tell me what is going wrong?

Hello!! I want to display date and time on gameduino 2 but an error exists. I included the library time.h and it appears an error on this part:

int m;
m=minute();
GD.cmd_number=(10,10,20, OPT_CENTER, m);

.The error is :"error: invalid use of member (did you forget the '&' ?)"

Could you please tell me what is going wrong?
Not being familiar with the GD code, I suspect you want either:

Code:
// Note, I messed up on the syntax initially.  There should NOT be an
// equal sign between cmd_number and '('
GD cmd_number (10, 10, 20, OPT_CENTER, m);

if you want to declare cmd_number as a variable of type GD, with 5 arguments as part of the initialization, or:

Code:
GD.cmd_number (10, 10, 20, OPT_CENTER, m);

if you want to call member function cmd_number in the global GD data structure. I suspect the later. If GD is a pointer, then you might want instead:

Code:
GC->cmd_number (10, 10, 20, OPT_CENTER, m);

This is probably unlikely.

Last edited:
I want to make gameduino2 display every 5 seconds a different image. what position should i write in cmd_loadimage(x,0) in order to make them appear?

Hello,
I've tried to use the GD2 in my project,
I'm using Teensy 3.1 - could you explain me more specifically how to connect the pins of the GD2 to the Teensy?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back