Logic analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekidfrog

I found this which seems to be a avrisp mkII clone that can do both xmega, mega, and tiny but also includes a logic analyzer that can support 2Msps? Never having having a logic analyzer, curious to how useful that could be? At some point I need to buy myself a oscilloscope and other stuff... but for just avr related stuff how useful would it be?

Hope it works. For example, can it handle chips with 128kB Flash like the 1284P series like the MKII it emulates?

I have had good luck with the Saleale Logic as a logic analyzer on my Mac. Paul reports that their current software does not work on Linux machines well. Your solution has yet to offer Mac support.

But for $25, it might be worth giving it a try. The Mk II costs about that much and the additional features might be a nice bonus.

Which just so happens to be the chip i'm currently working with!! Freakin love the 1284p chip! I was currently using the pololu avr isp v2 but not really liking it that much. Would rather use my nano as isp than use that thing. It pretty much gives you almost no detailed info on burning bootloaders or anything. At least the nano as isp gives me detailed feedback.

Yup, I liked that chip too... I didn't need all the extra I/O that the 1280 offers, but the flash and the RAM were a great upgrade from the 328P. The only downside was that for the longest time the folk at Arduino didn't officially support it and the 128kB bug made many external burners useless... the Adafruit, for example, cannot handle 1284p chips. That's why I chose to buy a genuine MkII, knowing that could and would burn 1284p chips properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back