Teensyduino 1.17 Release Candidate #1 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this comment is a bit late, but here is some feedback on the interrupt priorities.
I think it is great as I've always believed in the ability to take advantage of nested interrupts and the
power of interrupt prioritization.
One thing that may be of value, and I've used this in the past is a set of BSD type spl() functions for interrupt masking/restoring.
These are very handy and are sometimes necessary when doing certain types of atomicity
it also allows masking only the interrupts that you need vs all of them.
i.e:
http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?topic=splx

--- bill

Another comment, but a general comment on Teensyduino.
Maybe I've missed it, but how does a user tell which version teensyduino that they have installed?
Maybe you could do something to make it more obvious?
  • - patch the title bar?
  • - patch the [Help]-[About Arduino] dialog?
  • - patch the drop down menu that shows up in the [Help] to show the Teensyduino version and link back to your site?
(kind of like what the "Visist Arduino.cc" entry does)
  • - Maybe add a "Teensyduino XX.XX Reference" entry to the [Help] drop down?
that shows the teensyduino version number and links back to your site

--- bill

Sorry about those old udev rules.

When Redhat added ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE to modem manager a couple years ago, I just added it to the existing udev rule and it worked perfectly, until Ubuntu 12. At the time, I breathed a great sigh of relief, believing the terrible legacy of modem manager troubles had finally come to an end.

This time, I got a confirmation directly from one of the modem manager devs that this new udev rule is the way they intend to support. If only I'd known that a couple years ago! In theory, this new udev rule file is supposed to remain compatible with modem manager.... unless of course they decide to redesign everything all over again, which sadly they seem to do every couple years.

Last edited:
One thing that may be of value, and I've used this in the past is a set of BSD type spl() functions for interrupt masking/restoring.

The ARM hardware has a "primask" register for this. I've put this on my (very long) to-do list.

Maybe I've missed it, but how does a user tell which version teensyduino that they have installed?

As of 1.15, the simplest way is to use "About" in the Teensy Loader. Of course, it's possible to have multiple copies installed. The only way to be sure you're looking at the correct one is to quit Teensy Loader before you click Upload or Verify. Then Arduino will launch it again, using the internal copy in harware/tools. That one's Help > About dialog will have the version number.

Maybe you could do something to make it more obvious?
  • - patch the title bar?
  • - patch the [Help]-[About Arduino] dialog?
  • - patch the drop down menu that shows up in the [Help] to show the Teensyduino version and link back to your site?

I've also put this on my to-do list. For 1.17, I'm not adding any new IDE patches. Maybe in 1.18....

As of 1.15, the simplest way is to use "About" in the Teensy Loader. Of course, it's possible to have multiple copies installed. The only way to be sure you're looking at the correct one is to quit Teensy Loader before you click Upload or Verify. Then Arduino will launch it again, using the internal copy in harware/tools. That one's Help > About dialog will have the version number.
Thanks for that tip. I thought that there must be something. I have 15 different versions of Arduino IDE on my machine
and I was needing a way to just see which teensyduino was in use for the one I'm testing on.

I've also put this on my to-do list. For 1.17, I'm not adding any new IDE patches. Maybe in 1.18....
I've patched the Arduino supplied version in {installdir}/lib/version.txt
to reflect patched IDEs that I've patched by adding more text to the end of that number.
At least for now, it appears to only be used for the title bar.

OR
It would be a bit heavy handed but, you could patch/replace the Arduino supplied jpg image in {installdir}lib/about.jpg
to replace what is shown when using [help]->About Arduino
It wouldn't require any IDE code patches.

--- bill

Yes, this was a decision I made. It seems unlikely anyone will use more than 2. So I decided to partition the memory for double the amount of packet buffering per socket, rather than double the number of sockets.

Hey Paul,

how could I partition the memory for 4 times the amount of packet bufferung per socket with just 2 MAX_SOCK_NUM ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back