VideoDisplay and Led Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

lea

Hi, (and sorry for my English in advance... hope you will understand !)

I see on many big display screen that Teensys were both side of the display, left and right, which is working fine with the "Layout" parameter in VideoDispay.
But the teensys were always "exterior" to this screen.

I'm working on a display screen (with Adafruit Neopixel WS2812 Strip), where Teensys are in the middle of the screen, which is split in parts (see the image for exemple).
But every x/y offset and Layout possibilities give the same results :

Exemple.jpg

I use movie2serial to send the video, and VideoDisplay in each Teensys.
I have no skills with coding (but I learn and I try !), and I thought that just "playing" with the offset and layout in VideoDisplay will give the expected result.

Is there something I miss (I'm pretty sure of that) ?

I see on the OctoWS2811's page, that the video X and Y offset are "The upper right corner of the portion of the video this Teensy should display".
But in the exemple we find on the OctoWS2811's page, this parameter for Teensy 1 video X/Y offset is 0/0 in the middle of the screen, so I don't understand.

Thanks for your explanations !

Erwan

Last edited:
I see on the OctoWS2811's page, that the video X and Y offset are "The upper right corner of the portion of the video this Teensy should display".
But in the exemple we find on the OctoWS2811's page, this parameter for Teensy 1 video X/Y offset is 0/0 in the middle of the screen, so I don't understand.self image thank.

Nobody has an idea ?
The point here is to remap the pixels, but I don't unerstand if I have to remap them in VideoDisplay, movie2serial,or if I have to use an other library (like Ledscape) ?
A little help will be fne !

Thanks

In the diagram, you've got "VIDEO_XOFFSET=50" on the 4 left-side sections. Change those 4 to "VIDEO_XOFFSET=0". You want all the controllers on the left side to get the left half of the actual video image, so they need X offset to be zero.

Likewise on the right side, you've got "VIDEO_XOFFSET=0", which it telling movie2serail to send the video from the left side of the image. Just change those 4 controllers to "VIDEO_XOFFSET=50".

Those four VIDEO_xxx parameters tell movie2serial which portion of the video image each Teensy3 should receive. Each Teensy3 can request any part of the full video image. You just need to set those 4 numbers properly while programming each Teensy3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back