Black Friday Sale, Nov 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
PJRC is going to do our first ever Black Friday Sale this year.

Here's the details I can share now....

The sale item will be Teensy 3.0. The sale price will start November 29 at 7:30 AM, Pacific time, and last until 4 PM, or until we run out. Approximately 1000 pieces will be available for the sale. There will be a per-customer limit, probably 3 pieces. No backorders will be allowed at the special sale price, so when they're gone, they're gone.

Can you say what the special price is going to be? I've been wanting to mess with the 3 but haven't had a project for it yet, seems like a perfect opportunity to grab a few to experiment with!

The Black Friday sale price will be $14.75 each, limit of 4 per customer. Any extra beyond 4 will be at the normal $19.00 price.

Edit: just a quick reminder, there will only be about 1000 pieces at this special sale price. When they're gone, they're gone!

Last edited:
I think we should start the sale earlier than 9AM Pacific Time so that our European customers have time to get in on the deal.

Just to be sure, since you don't have any stock of the Teensy 3.0's with the pins soldered on, the sale will be of the teensy 3.0's without the pins?

Last edited:
That's correct, only the Teensy 3.0 without pins will be on sale.

We normally keep a relatively small quantity of the pre-soldered pins in stock. Erin solders the pins as needed. Occasionally the pins run out of stock, but it only takes a couple days to catch up, or a bit longer with a holiday followed by a special Black Friday sale.

Is anyone in Europe watching and interested to comment on what time might work best?

9 AM pacific is probably about 7 PM in most of Europe. Maybe starting around 7 or 8 AM pacific would be better?

Don't make it too early for us west coasters.....I will have to set multiple alarms to make sure I wake up in time.

Is the sale already over? I only see 19$ in the cart.

edit... nm apparently if you aren't logged in you only see the $19 version.

If you put in the cart before the sale, it's $19.

Just change the quantity to zero. Then add it again. It'll be at the new price when you add it again.

At this point, it's looking like we've sold somewhere around 15% to 20% of the Teensy 3.0's set aside for this special pricing, so need to panic.

Just a couple quick notes...

If you put a Teensy 3.0 into your cart during this sale but didn't complete checkout, and the price still shows as $14.75, we will honor that sale price as long as it's still showing in your cart. Sometime next week I'll reset all the uncommitted carts.

Robin was talking about perhaps doing "Cyber Monday". That's still not fully decided (truth is, we make this stuff up as we go...) One thing is for sure: we had set aside a fixed number of Teensy 3.0's for this special sale. A pretty good number are still here. If we do this again Monday, when that batch runs out, the sale will be over.

Thanks for offering this sale -- picked up my first Teensy which just arrived! Just one though ... hoping that the Teensy++ 3.0 is coming soon. :)

Thanks for the "Cyber Monday" sale. I got tied up all day Friday forgot to order before going to bed oh so very late. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back