Custom Declarations confuses customs and me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Robin and Paul,

I recently ordered 3 teensy 3.0s to Germany, after a longer wait I did recieve today letter from customs saying that pjrc.com from Thailand sended me 863d Electronic components with no value,...
Are you sending out from Thailand? Could you please take care that the packaging prepares better declarations? With a real amount, product name and real price? Otherwise I wait aprox. 1 Week longer recieving and need to pick it up at the customs located far away. If their would be a clear statement on thedeclaration their would just send me a bill and the products,...
Would be awesome if the black friday sale teensys 3.0 would be sended with a nice customs declaration!
Looking forward to get them soon to make some nice christmas presents (Light Objects) :)
Wisch you the best and a wonderfull start in the christmas Season!
Bernie

All PJRC orders ship from the United States. We have never shipped ANY package from Thailand or any other country.

Every international air mail package we send has the standard customs form on the front, and a copy of the invoice in a pouch on the back side.

I have no idea why they would send you this letter. Maybe they got our package mixed up with something else?

I will check it and make a picture what I recieve at the customs next week and post it or send it, if their is something wrong with the declaration! Maybe german customs just likes my visits,... ;)
thank you for your quick reply, Paul!

Maybe german customs just likes my visits,... ;)
German customs are special, like most customs people around the world. Always ask yourself who likes to rummage though others people's underwear as a basic personality trait.

That said, I once sent a package from the USA to Germany for a god daughter and in order not to give the contents away, wrote "gift" in the description of contents. Keep in mind, customs declarations are always supposed to be kept in English, for obvious reasons. Imagine if US/French/Russian customs officers would have to decipher Tamil, Chinese, or Navaho.

Anyhow, German customs subsequently did not apply their English reading skills and decided that I was sending poison, which is dutiable. That in turn lead to a terse demand letter to the mother of my god-daughter re: duties that had to be paid before the package could be released.

Said mother replied to the demand letter and pointed out that while the meaning of "Gift" in German = Poison, the package was being sent internationally and the English meaning for Gift is quite different. Subsequently, all customs claims were withdrawn, without comment or apology, as usual. Lugnuts.

I have more stories like this… German customs and our family have a long, illustrious history, including one German customs officer being 'zwangsversetzt'. Good times.

Last edited:
I am happy to be able to truely recommend both, HiTech Store and Watterott, as they "live for their customers". Different from all what i know in Germany, they were helpful, friendly and correct. For a project we ordered in both shops and the delivery was done in a two day duration.
Best for me: HiTech Store ist just a couple of public bus stops away from where i live. :)
Sad: it is just an online shop, not a store one could visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back