1.17 mac.os.x installer issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgarcia42

I select /Applications/Arduino.app in the installer, but the Next button never becomes active, so I can't continue the install. (Running OS X 10.9 here, nothing in the console that looks meaningful)

Note: My Arduino.app is an install of 1.0.5 that had a prior version of teensyduino installed. I blew away the install directory and re-downloaded/installed a fresh arduino install and the installer ran fine.

@Gunboa7Diploma7 - The installer only recognizes Arduino 1.0.5. If you have any other version of Arduino, or your 1.0.5 has been modified in any way the installer doesn't understand (pretty much anything other than a recent prior versions of the installer), the "Next" button does not enable.

Older versions of Arduino, and the not-yet-stable 1.5.X versions, are not recognized by the installer.

The solution is to simply download a fresh copy of Arduino 1.0.5. If you extract it to a different place, so you now have 2 (or more) copies of Arduino on your Mac, please be sure to remember where this new one is located. You'll need to navigate to that location using the installer. As soon as you select the directory with your fresh 1.0.5, the Next button will enable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back