Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Mouse.move not working when Serial+Keybd... chosen [Teensy2.0, Win 8, Arduino 1.0.5]

Mouse.move not working when Serial+Keybd... chosen [Teensy2.0, Win 8, Arduino 1.0.5]

Hi Guys,

I am trying to move mouse cursor (using Mouse.move) and send debug information over Serial at the same time.

* When using Tools->USB Type: Keyboard+Mouse+Joystick, the Mouse.move works fine. Teensyduino (Arduino 1.0.5) says "Teensy 2.0 on (USB port)". Further, Serial Monitor shows the debug information as well. This is all good.

* When using Tools->USB Type: Serial+Keyboard+Mouse+Joystick, the Mouse.move does *not* work; the pointer does not budge on the screen. :-( Teensyduino (Arduino 1.0.5) says "Teensy 2.0 on COM3". Serial Monitor shows the debug information. But without the actual mouse motions, I am severely hindered.

This used to work for me before when I used to be on a Windows 7 machine and older version of Arduino (build 22 I believe) with Teensy 2.0. Note that I have installed Teensy Serial Installer and Disabled Driver signature enforcement on my Windows 8 machine.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated!

P.S. Simple code example is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Version 1.18-rc3 has updated the driver to fix this bug.

Please let me know if it works for you?

You may need to remove the old driver by right clicking the USB serial port in the Device Manager. The old driver says "Teensy USB Serial (PJRC.COM) (COM #)". The new version shortens the description to only "Teensy USB Serial (COM #)". Viewing the COM port in the Device Manager can confirm which version of the driver you've got associated with the device.