MCU def for Blinky Makefile for Teensy 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomsim

Hi,

I changed Blinky's Makefile MCU = mk20dx256 for my new Teensy 3.1 but get this compiler error "unknown MCU 'mk20dx256' specified".

If anyone has a replacement Blinky Makefile for Teensy 3.1 to share, I would really appreciate it.

BTW, I'm on winxp with Arduino IDE 1.0.5, Teensyduino 1.18 Release Candidate and WinAVR-20100110 installed.

Thanks
Tomsim

You can't use WinAVR. That's only for the older Teensy 2.0 boards.

First, install Arduino and Teensyduino, even if you never intend to ever use Arduino.

Then after install, look in hardware/teensy/cores/teensy3 for the sample Makefile. It still needs to be updated for 3.1, but it's pretty close. There's comments in the makefile regarding the other bits of Arduino you need to save, mainly the compiler in hardware/tools.

Thanks. It just dawned on me that this is what must be used for ARM. I tried the sample the ARM makefile but had problem with tools path so I went with the blinky makefile. I'll try the ARM makefile again and will share result once I get a working version.

Well, I can make blinky with the ARM makefile after modification to both the makefile and blinky.c. There are many AVR parts in the code that I had to change (I sub usb debug code with hardware serial functions) to compile and link. The resulting hex file is still not working. I'm going to stick with the Arduino IDE for now and get back to this at another time.

If it's only the Arduino IDE that you don't like but you have no problems with the Arduino libraries and build environment then there are alternatives that are in fact much better than the Arduino IDE such as the embedXcode (mac only) or the Arduino Eclipse Plugin, which allows you to use the Eclipse IDE for Arduino development.
You can find installation instructions by following the trippy lighting link in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back