Read /Write flash Tsop Nand etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speculate that not many are answering because they're trying not to steer you into a project that will frustrate you.

Your question seems to imply that you are a novice. My apologies if that is not the case. But if it is, I recommend trying something much easier. Attempting to work with that Toshiba flash device will be very difficult for a novice.

The device described by the datasheet you linked to looks very unfriendly to novices and hobbyists. The datasheet describes a device with a BGA package. BGA is essentially out of reach of hobbyists. You mentioned TSOP, which is different from BGA; hobbyists can work with TSOP but it requires somewhat advanced prototyping and/or soldering skills.

That device also has a fairly complex electrical interface (8 bidirectional data pins, 6 control pins, plus VCC/GND), and you will probably have to write the code to control it from scratch. Those are not novice programming skills.

I agree with drg. While the answer is yes you could, dealing with a BGA device, and using 13 IOs, seems like an issue.

There are serial Flash devices that require less lines, can use SPI, which would be much easier to deal with.

Also you could drive an SDcard from the SPI pins, if you need lots of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back