teensy 3.1++?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snskreationz

Hi,

I got the 2x teensy 3.1 today in the mail, and from my experiences with the previously bought teensy 3.0, I am very happy with your products.
I just do have a few of concerns.
1) Is there going to be a teensy 3.1++ that has the pins like the teensy 2.0++ because those pins at the underside are hard to get to. I am just curious because I tend to run out of pins sometimes.
2) Is the 3.3v next to VBat an output?
3) I notice that there is no PID library or fuzzy logic libraries written for the teensy. I used have a little experience with assembly, and I would just like to know where would be a good start for compiling and programming this chip outside arduino IDE. Also if there are any tutorials or books for compiling/programming/etc available can you please direct me?

Thank you.

Is there going to be a teensy 3.1++ that has the pins like the teensy 2.0++ because those pins at the underside are hard to get to. I am just curious because I tend to run out of pins sometimes.
Paul has previously posted that he's working on a 3++ but that he can't share the details due to being under an NDA with Freescale, the OEM for the MCU. My guess is that it's going to be simply stupendous. No timetable was given, which I totally understand given all the other things he's working on, the vagaries of waiting for Freescale to release the MCU, and so on.

Is the 3.3v next to VBat an output?
See the schematic. All 3.3V pins are tied to each other (including the output of the voltage regulator).

IIRC, the PID library was originally developed for DIY reflow ovens by Brett Beauregard. Back then, the author specifically cautioned folk against using the library in scenarios that require fast intervention (but it's been some time since then). Thus, I suggest you read the authors guidance carefully on his web-site to ensure that the library can do for you what you expect it to. There is also a auto-tune library on the Arduino site to help you establish good PID constants.

IIRC, the PID library was originally developed for DIY reflow ovens by Brett Beauregard. Back then, the author specifically cautioned folk against using the library in scenarios that require fast intervention (but it's been some time since then). Thus, I suggest you read the authors guidance carefully on his web-site to ensure that the library can do for you what you expect it to. There is also a auto-tune library on the Arduino site to help you establish good PID constants.

I'm using that PID library for motor control on my robot uCee. I've got some initial constants hand-tuned, and although right now its fairly slow-responsive to changes, I'm hoping that fiddling with the constants a little will help with that.

Thank you for your replies. I was just looking under the library section on this site and I didnt try the arduino site.

And I am happy a 3++ is being worked on :)

I will take a look at the links provided later in the day.

Thx.

+1 for an extended breadboard friendly 3.1 ! The teensy is great and deserves a wider audience without surface soldering skills :eek:

And I am happy a 3++ is being worked on :)

Truth is, right now the audio library, answering questions, and day-to-day PJRC operational stuff is getting all my time.

I plan to put at least 2-3 more solid weeks into the audio library, and then 1-2 weeks into a CAN bus library, before working on the new hardware.

I am quite excited for the 3++. I'm holding off on getting a 3.1 because I prefer the formfactor of the ++ devices that you have made. Currently I am doing all of my dev work on a Maple Mini.

Can you, at the very least, tell us which microcontroller the 3++ will be using?

Thanks!

Well assuming the same CPU of the 3.1 will be used in the 3.1++, you might as well get started today. I know how hard it is to develop the software, and to move between CPUs is a big deal, it's not something you do without real good reasons. The 3.1 has enough pins to drive the extra pads, so I would expect it to be the CPU of choice.

I am pretty certain that a different mcu will be used as Paul mentioned an NDA. I have access to a fair amount of Freescale documentation and can look up most of their micros, so simply mentioning the mcu shouldn't be a violation of the NDA unless they are keeping a particular model super hush-hush.

Porting code between microcontrollers is trivial, more so if they are members of the same family. I have done my fair share of porting between PIC, STM32, and AVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back