demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

NARCIS

Hello,
I need help ASAP!
I need to build a mesh strip LED display and I'm not decided which is the best solution.
I have to choose between a DMX CONTROLLER PC but now I have reached the teensy. I have found in Europe where I can buy this type of controller, but I do not have enough technical data and use of him.
Screen size is 2m (height) * 3m (length) = 6 sqm, divided into 3 parts. It must render text, graphics, video, live video through the camcorder.
Depending on this I will have to buy LED strip.
What is the most compatible with this type of controller?
Depending on the number of LEDs / m will I will have to set pixel pitches. From approximate calculation, resulting 200 m led strip.
Thank you in advance for your help and if needed, I am willing to pay for information.
Narcis
smartpromot1on@yahoo.com ANTET.jpg

I will let those more familiar with LEDS and Teensy (there are a lot on this forum) answer the technical part of your question.
I just wanted to give advice on a couple of points. First, you don't have to pay for information here.
Secondly, in English (as opposed to Latin based languages like French and, I suspect, Romanian) "demand" and "ask" do not mean the same thing.
I suggest you rename the thread (edit your post and change the title) to something more informative like "DMX Controller help needed".

Ya, I think 'demand' better translates to 'question' in this instance.

Regardless, providing an idea of how many 'pixels' (rgb LEDs) you intend to use, and what the physical layout of the system is: how are the data/video sources going to be put together to get to the display, outside or inside, what are the distances and power sources etc. will help you get good feedback.

I can't comment on DMX vs other controller systems/protocols, but it would seem a computer --> usb --> one or more teensy 3.x --> leds, or computer --> beaglebone black --> one or more teensy 3.x (or no teensy 3.x's and use the beaglebone black's PRUs) --> leds . . . would work for you. I suppose the big question is: "how do you intend to process your sources before feeding the data to the display system?" If you have a computer that will be feeding a processed bitstream to the display, then it becomes an issue of "is it practical to use USB to send the data to one or more teensy's that are close to the led strips"

There is more than one way to get the result you want. In addition to the octows2811 related posts, you should look up ledscape and the projects that have evolved from that. It should give you a good idea of what can be done. There are also plenty of people around with experience combining DMX with other protocols/systems.

Last edited:
Thanks,adeptrc !
I choose the first variant computer -> USB -> one or more teensy 3.x -> leds.
I'm not familiar with this system and therefore requests help. Building dimensions are specified. If LED strip has 32 pixels when PP is 31.25 mm,
*** With black beaglebone's PRUs, now, I do not try. Solve first with teensy.
Good, but can you help me?
My email is: smartpromot1on@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back