TS1638 Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumotoy

TM1638 Library

TM1638 it's an inexpensive chip from Titan Micro normally find on several modules selled on ebay that consists in 8 displays 7Seg, several leds and 8 switches. These modules are cheap and there's already a library for that but not everyone knows that chip itself can handle 64 or 80 individual leds and 24 switches in the same time with just adding some diode! The chip doesn't not come in DIP version but SOP28 that it's still easy to solder on a SOP->DIP adapter.
The library it has been thinked to drive directly the chip with your custom design and let you easy detect button press and manage individually (or in row) every led so it's perfect to build even complex interfaces by using just 3 wires.
Of course, works on Teensy3 but I just checked with a level translator, I will try tomorrow with Teensy3.1, unfortunatly the datasheet it's really poor of informations.
I will extend the library at his cousin TM1640 and another sop32 chip that can handle even more leds and a complete 8x8 matrix keypad.
On GitHub:https://github.com/sumotoy/TM16xxRAW/
I hope can be an useful information for someone, have Fun!

PS
The title it's wrong, should be TM1638 and not TS1638!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back