Teensy 3.1 Pin info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vignesh

Hello Everyone,
I am new to Teensy 3.1 (a week actually). I am planning to interface RFM22B (from sparkfun).
Using 10:13 pins for SPI, but not sure of teensy pins suitable for Interrupt input and ShutDown for RFM22B.

..and to extend the same question a little further,
#1: is it possible to toggle all the pins on Teensy 3.1 ?
#2: what pins can be used for interrupt input ?
#3: I think I read somewhere that the Teensy 3.1 pins are 5v tolerant, can I assume all of it or few pins only ?
and lastly (not related to the pins)
#4: The VOUT33, how much load can it take ? i.e. if I were to power RFM22B off of it ..is that safe ?
Regards
Vignesh

The spark fun page for That Module clearly states that standard SPI is used for communication so why not use the standard SPI pins on the Teesny 3.1 ?
#3 Yes i/o on the Teesnty is 5V tolerant.
# 4 = 100mA

There was a link to a library posted in this thread

#1: is it possible to toggle all the pins on Teensy 3.1 ?

Most, yes, but not all together at exactly the same instant.

Six pins are analog only. The are AREF, A10, A11, A12, A13 and A14/DAC. These pins can only support analog signals. A10-A13 can only be used as inputs. The AREF pin is also analog only, meant to be used to change the analog voltage scale.

#2: what pins can be used for interrupt input ?

All the digital pins (the ones with numbers on gray background on the pinout card) can be used for interrupts.

On the bottom right corner of the pinout card that came with your Teensy 3.1, this is noted with "All digital pins have interrupt capability".

#3: I think I read somewhere that the Teensy 3.1 pins are 5v tolerant, can I assume all of it or few pins only ?

All the digital capable pins on Teensy 3.1 are 5 volt tolerant. The six analog-only pins are NOT 5V tolerant. The PROGRAM pin and RESET pad on the bottom side are also not 5V tolerant.

When working with 5V, be careful. If 5V power is accidentally shorted to the +3.3V power line, even for only a brief moment, Teensy will be destroyed. It's safest to work with only 3.3V signals, if you can.

Hi Paul and Headroom,
Thanks a lot for replying to my query.

"All digital pins have interrupt capability".
I am sorry Paul, I did not notice that mesg on the pinout card, after you pointed it out ..now I see it. Just above the "CAN Bus" info.
..and thanks again for cautioning me on working with 5v.

Regards,
vignesh

Yeah, that pinout card has too much stuff all packed into about 4x5 inch space! Normally Arduino boards show which interrupts specific pins are, because only a few of the pins have interrupt functionality. I had considered putting "INT" next to every pin, but there just wasn't room to cram that in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back