Teensyduino as a stand alone loader for downloading HEX files on various computers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianb00

Hello Paul or other Guru,

Environment: Teensy ++2.0, Windows OS (Windows7 or 8), various PC's.

I need to supply a few customers with firmware upgrades. I plan to ship them a USB Flash memory that contains the Teensyduino and a single HEX file for download to their Teensy based system. Are their reasons why this may not work as envisioned ?

Alternately I could have them download the Teensyduino as a standalone program and send them a HEX file. Would that also work ?

Regards,

Brian

either way.. customer would have to install/use the Teensy.exe program (stand alone). With good instructions, and small scale, this can be fine.

thanks. I have placed Teensy.ext on USB stick along with a HEX file and will try this out. The download is obviously the way to go, saves a stamp. Thanks Steve.

Brian

Yes, all they should need is teensy.exe and your .hex file.

If you also include the .elf file, Teensy Loader will know the file is supposed to be for a Teensy++ 2.0. If they were to connect a different model Teensy, without the .hex file the data will be just blindly programmed onto the wrong board, causing it to be "dead" (but still reprogrammable by pressing the button). With the .elf file present, a error message will appear if the wrong board is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back