3.3v pin as a board supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodline

Before I kill my Teensy 3.1, I want to run my board from a CR2032 battery.

From the schematic, it looks like the board should be able to handle the 3.7v feed from the battery on the 3.3v pin... I just want to confirm. :)

Before I kill my Teensy 3.1, I want to run my board from a CR2032 battery.

The CR2032 is rated at 3.0V, so it may very well work for a short time. A CR2032 is usually used just to keep the RTC circuits alive when other power sources have been switched off. So unless you severely limit power consumption (deep sleep followed by short bursts of activity) I doubt your teensy will be able to subsist for long on a tiny battery like that.

The CR2032 is rated at 3.0V, so it may very well work for a short time. A CR2032 is usually used just to keep the RTC circuits alive when other power sources have been switched off. So unless you severely limit power consumption (deep sleep followed by short bursts of activity) I doubt your teensy will be able to subsist for long on a tiny battery like that.

It doesn't need to run for long, it just need to be small ;)

My concern is just to make sure there is nothing on the 3.3v line that would be damaged (like the mini54 or some on-chip peripheral) by powering the board this way.

Usually, the CPU clock frequency has to be reduced as the supply voltage goes below x.
I read the spec sheets looking for x - not found yet. Of course, the current consumption increases rapidly (to a still meager few mA), as the CPU clock increases above 4MHz.

Ran a Teensy 3.1 at 96Mhz for nearly half an hour with a few LEDs on a Duracell CR2032 via the 3.3v pin, it was still running fine but that was all I needed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back