Teensyduino 1.18 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opps, copied and pasted and missed that. Edited just now.

Hopefully there aren't mistakes like that in this actual software release!

I had to edit the IDE's java code again to fix the java exception with the scroll wheel on non-scrollable menus (the ones that would support scrolling when they are longer than your screen height). As long as I had to rebuild and test the java stuff all over again, which delayed everything by a day, it made sense to put the version number into Help > About.

This upgrade was actually introduced with Teensyduino version 1.16. The upgrade fixes 3 issues.

#1: The Mini54 previously consumed approx 6 mA while waiting for an upload. The upgrade reduces this current to 0.15 mA. The Mini54 also enters a 6 uA shut down mode if it detects the MK20 chip has entered a low power mode.

#2: Teensy 3.0 would become unresponsive on Macintosh computers after 3 to 20 uploads, due to failure to send a USB NAK response in certain circumstances. Linux and Windows were not affected by this issue.

#3: Uploading erased the EEPROM memory, which frustrated people wishing to store data in the EEPROM memory while developing their project. The upgrade preserves EEPROM data, so only the main program memory is erased during an upload.

This upgrade was actually introduced with Teensyduino version 1.16. The upgrade fixes 3 issues.

#1: The Mini54 previously consumed approx 6 mA while waiting for an upload. The upgrade reduces this current to 0.15 mA. The Mini54 also enters a 6 uA shut down mode if it detects the MK20 chip has entered a low power mode.

#2: Teensy 3.0 would become unresponsive on Macintosh computers after 3 to 20 uploads, due to failure to send a USB NAK response in certain circumstances. Linux and Windows were not affected by this issue.

#3: Uploading erased the EEPROM memory, which frustrated people wishing to store data in the EEPROM memory while developing their project. The upgrade preserves EEPROM data, so only the main program memory is erased during an upload.

Cool Stuff.

To part 3. So the EEPROM will not erased anymore, but if I want too?

On my XP sytem I got this error message

Error_Teensyduino_1.18_Installer.jpg

I use some older Arduino Versions and processing-2.0b8.
I see the same error also after clean install of arduino-1.0.5-r2-windows.exe

On my Win7 system there were no problems.

72 MHz on Teensy 3.1 ?
My Arduino..Tools menu has Teensy 3.1 selected, but there is no 72 MHz option -- just 24, 48 & 96 MHz.
I'd prefer to run at the rated speed -- is there a way to get 72 MHz ?

How do I know what version of teensyduino is installed ? The help->about on the loader says 1.18. Is that the teensduino version ?

Starting with 1.18, you can use Help > About in Arduino to see which version of Teensyduino is installed.

The Help > About menu in Teensy Loader also shows the same number. However, if you have 2 copies of Arduino, with 2 different versions of Teensyduino, they will not launch 2 instances of Teensy Loader. If the loader is already running, it will be used automatically, even if it's a different version.

Paul, I was having a low power issue with the 1.16 release I was using on my Teensy 3.0. I was finding what I think was that the MIN54 was getting hung up drawing about 3mA of power in some cases when I put the main processor into the VLPW mode I tried but not the LLW mode. I stripped out everything from my circuit and SW and found it happened when I had a UART to USB board connected. That board stays powered up and I think was propping up the voltage in the system in some way.

I didn't expect any change when I upgraded to version 1.18 because I didn't see anything in release notes about MIN54 power use or handling but the problem seems to have gone away. I'm REALLY happy that's the case but just was wondering if it made sense to you. I was thinking I should change the default settings on the pins connected to the MIN54 in my SW to avoid this potential power issue. But maybe you already did something similar in the MIN54 code?

Any thoughts? Thanks! Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back