WIZ820_SD_ADAPTOR pinout/schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeptrc

I must be missing something obvious - is there a pinout/schematic for the WIZ820_SD_ADAPTOR posted on the site somewhere?

Thanks,

Alistair

I've added an "electrical connections" section at the end of the product page. Perhaps I'll draw up a schematic at some point, but as you can see from the table, the connections are very simple, just the most straighforward wiring.

Well, the one detail is the powerdown option, where you can disconnect GND and connect pin 8 if you want to control the WIZ820io powerdown pin.

Paul, the 'electrical connections' section is great. It was an either/or type question - I don't need the schematic if I know the pins - I was just looking for a quick reference without tracing the connections manually.

Thanks.

I have a project where I would like to use the wiz820 adapter with octows and also use the sd card. I see the chip select for the sd card is on pin 4 and on the octows page it says "do not use" is there a workaround possible ?

Or just pull/clip pin 4 so it doesn't contact the adapter board and solder in a jumper wire across to the pin you want to use as CS . . .

I'm actually a bit confused as to what pins I need to connect from the teensy to this board if I *only* want to use the SD card. I don't see a VIN connection to this board?

Do you recommend using the smaller SD card? https://www.pjrc.com/store/sd_adaptor.html

I had better luck using the bigger one at a point this is why I sticked with it...

Both boards work, but the larger WIZ820+SD one fits directly on top (or below) Teensy 3.1, so it's a lot simpler to make the right connections.

If you only want the SD card on the WIZ820+SD, you must connect six pins: VIN, GND, 4, 11, 12, 13.

Both boards work, but the larger WIZ820+SD one fits directly on top (or below) Teensy 3.1, so it's a lot simpler to make the right connections.

If you only want the SD card on the WIZ820+SD, you must connect six pins: VIN, GND, 4, 11, 12, 13.

Thanks Paul. Is there any drawback to using the smaller SD card reader? It would be much more compact on my setup and would have easier access to the teensy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back