Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: WIZ820_SD_ADAPTOR pinout/schematic

Red face WIZ820_SD_ADAPTOR pinout/schematic

I must be missing something obvious - is there a pinout/schematic for the WIZ820_SD_ADAPTOR posted on the site somewhere?

Thanks,

Alistair

I don't think there is one. What would you need it for ?

I've added an "electrical connections" section at the end of the product page. Perhaps I'll draw up a schematic at some point, but as you can see from the table, the connections are very simple, just the most straighforward wiring.

Well, the one detail is the powerdown option, where you can disconnect GND and connect pin 8 if you want to control the WIZ820io powerdown pin.

Paul, the 'electrical connections' section is great. It was an either/or type question - I don't need the schematic if I know the pins - I was just looking for a quick reference without tracing the connections manually.

Thanks.

I have a project where I would like to use the wiz820 adapter with octows and also use the sd card. I see the chip select for the sd card is on pin 4 and on the octows page it says "do not use" is there a workaround possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by nlecaude View Post
    chip select for the sd card is on pin 4 and on the octows page it says "do not use" is there a workaround possible ?
    Well, yes, but the workaround would be cutting a trace and soldering it to a different pin.

Or just pull/clip pin 4 so it doesn't contact the adapter board and solder in a jumper wire across to the pin you want to use as CS . . .

Thanks ! Cutting the pin and resoldering seems to be the easiest !

Quote Originally Posted by Headroom View Post
    I don't think there is one. What would you need it for ?
    I'm an EE . . . I read and think datasheets and schematics . . . and was in an aircraft far away from a physical board . . .

I'm actually a bit confused as to what pins I need to connect from the teensy to this board if I *only* want to use the SD card. I don't see a VIN connection to this board?

Do you recommend using the smaller SD card? https://www.pjrc.com/store/sd_adaptor.html

I had better luck using the bigger one at a point this is why I sticked with it...

Both boards work, but the larger WIZ820+SD one fits directly on top (or below) Teensy 3.1, so it's a lot simpler to make the right connections.

If you only want the SD card on the WIZ820+SD, you must connect six pins: VIN, GND, 4, 11, 12, 13.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    Both boards work, but the larger WIZ820+SD one fits directly on top (or below) Teensy 3.1, so it's a lot simpler to make the right connections.

If you only want the SD card on the WIZ820+SD, you must connect six pins: VIN, GND, 4, 11, 12, 13.
    Thanks Paul. Is there any drawback to using the smaller SD card reader? It would be much more compact on my setup and would have easier access to the teensy.