Problem with OLED 128x32 I2C

I was just testing something and wanted to use the OLED, guess what? It wasn't working!
And here's the thing!
It is not working with the Teensy running at 24MHz!!
It is running at 48MHz!!!

Can you reproduce this?

Hi,

I'am able to reproduce this problem, you too?
Would be nice to get this running at 24MHz, cause 48MHz just means more power consumption in my case.

Hi,

I had a similar problem with Teensy 3.1 where it freeze and it wouldn't go through all the animation steps in the Adafruit example code. I changed the frequency to 48MHz and it seems to work fine now. I will do additional testing but changing run frequency from 24 to 48MHz seem to have help for sure. The power use is not much higher according to my power supply (few more mA than before). Thanks Massel.

George

Here is an update that attempts to fix this bug at 24 MHz.

If you're still watching this old thread, please let me know if this fixes the problem for you?

Attachments

• Wire.cpp
    17.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Wire.h
    4.6 KB · Views: 179
How do I get this OLED to not cause buzzing when I use it with the audio shield? That's the real question.

Do you hear the noise if you listen with headphones plugged into the headphone jack?

If so, then the display is somehow corrupting the audio. If you get a clean signal with headphones, but noise on line-out or from the headphone jack when connecting to some other system, then the issue is probably a ground loop problem. These are very different types of problems, even though the noise can sound very similar, so the first step is to try to figure out which type of problem you have.

The noise is the same through the headphone jack. I have a relatively complicated circuit, so I'll try to recreate the problem with a simpler circuit, but my requirements are to use this display while using both the line-in and line-outs of the audio shield. When I set the gain of the line-in mixer input to 0.0, the noise of the display refresh goes away.

I will test the new lib!
Is the change also impacting the 48MHz usage? Cause I switched to 48MHz and I have had a few problems with the OLED and 48MHz...
I Will test it over the next days.

Thanks for the update!!!

Hey Paul,
I have tested the OLED with 24MHz for two days now and it was working fine all the time. I will go on testing at the weekend again with different setups.
But for now it it working pretty nice (and the use of 24Mhz increased my battery life time by one hour ;) )

Thx

Thanks for the update.

Version 1.19 is now release, with support for slower low-power speeds, all the way down to only 2 MHz. But the USB doesn't work below 24 MHz.

Back