Multiple Teensies simultaneously on one computer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jp3141

I'm working on some I2C tools, and am trying to use two Teensies (3.0) on one computer (Mac). One T3 will be an I2C Master, and one an I2C Slave. Each is plugged in to a different USB port.

It all works, but what seems to happen is that the last T3 plugged in gets to be the one which the loader addresses -- I'd really like to be able to choose which one my code gets uploaded to (I'm working on the master and slave code simultaneously). Is there a good way to do this ? I've tried to select the related T3 serial port (/dev/tty/usbmodemXXXXX), but that doesn't work for the loader.

One trick I do use is to program the LED to different patterns on each -- that way I can at least see which code each is running.

Not what you want, but I recall that if you push the button on the desired Teensy, the loader will switch to that one and download.

Thanks -- that works.

I just click on the 'Verify' checkmark (actually compiles the code), then the reset button on the target Teensy and it uploads to that one.

Programming multiple Teensys on a computer is another reason why the Arduino IDE can be cumbersome to work with.
The Arduino Eclipse IDE make that simple and also supports having both Teensys post to the Serial monitor ( in different colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back