Teensey 3.0/MechWarrior Online Cockpit. Need help on pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelWolf

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/65283-full-list-of-controls/

I try to keep the above link updated with the games [MechWarrior Online] controls. Building my own cockpit now and this project has been on the back burner for 12 months. Below is some of the keys used in the game. Just like a keyboard all the buttons to be used are momentary on. I searched the forums for about 12 different keyword combinations and found similar posts but nothing dealing with the hardware side. Most were code issue questions.

My question after looking at the included paperwork and others projects on this forum is:
How the crud do i start locating what pins make what keystroke?

I'm ok with a soldering gun. My Teensey 3.0 is pre-pinned. I just have no clue how to test the arduino usb or serial keyboard test code.

Also a couple game functions will be 2 keys at once. Any ideas on how to trigger that with 1 button? 3 wires going to a ground and 2 pins?

Thanks
J.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:06 PM
The below official image does not have all the controls.
Missing that i know of in addition to whats listed are:

Escape = exit game/mission option

F9 on a Windows PC = Show ingame mini frame rate numbers on the left portion of the screen

Left Control + mouse = cockpit view around your area. You can see working displays on missile load outs and functional heat sinks left

Left Shift+F11 to toggle it on/off. = Removes/shows Hud display

Tab key shows the roster and status.

B key= Battle Map.

What else is out there?

Stonefalcon
Holding down "Q" will display all your allies data as though you were mousing over them.

Telthalion
backspace to toggle chain fire for your selected weapons group.

zmeul
\ = Alpha strike

Patch notes 11-5-2012

* Mechs with Weapon Bay Doors can toggle the doors open/closed with ‘/’ slash

* Catapult and Centurion now have weapon bay door indicator lights in the cockpit. Green for Open, Yellow for Closed, Red for Destroyed.

Patch Notes 11-20-2012

I [after pressing B] Extra information on the BattleGrid is now OFF by default. Press I to turn them back on.
F9 =Coordinates now displayed with F9.

3-19-13 update.
Cool Shot is activated by pressing Delete
New Controls

- Added Arm Lock gameplay option (ON by default):
- When Arm Lock is enabled, the arm reticule is fixed to the torso crosshairs and moves at the same rate as the torso.
- Added Throttle Decay gameplay option (ON by default). When Throttle Decay is enabled:
- Gameplay options can be enabled/disabled on the fly from the new in-game Options Screen.
- Pressing the ‘W’ key will sets the throttle to 100%.
- Pressing the ‘S’ key will sets the throttle to -100%.
- Releasing the ‘W’ and ‘S’ key sets the throttle to 0.
- Keyboard users can now use the NumPad to directly control throttle (using the 0-9, +, -, and . keys).
- New Bind: “F" - centers Feet to Torso.
- New Bind: “Shift” - toggles Arm Lock while held.
- Analog turn support for joysticks.

Patch Notes 5-21-2013
With a UAV module equipped, you can press Insert to launch a UAV into the air

Patch Notes 6-6-2013
PrtScn button=Screenshots! Shots are saved in the the USER folder in the main directory of MechWarrior Online

Patch Notes 6-18-2013
- The F9 button displaying FPS and location has been removed and is being reworked.

If you search the web (not just this site) for 'hack usb keyboard' you'll find lots of tutorials on how to make custom controls out of keyboards. There are several different approaches to mapping the keys depending on how many keys you need and whether or not you care about things like being able to hold down several keys at once.

If you search the web (not just this site) for 'hack usb keyboard' you'll find lots of tutorials on how to make custom controls out of keyboards. There are several different approaches to mapping the keys depending on how many keys you need and whether or not you care about things like being able to hold down several keys at once.

Thanks Tryed that. Even tryed youtube. Most were for the teensey 2.0 or some other arduino product. Not the T3.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back