Teensy Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuio

Hi,
because I didn't want to integrate a MINI54 in every Teensy-Based project, I designed a little Programmer. It contains the MINI54, a small 3.3v voltage regulator, a 10-Pin connector and a USB-Port.

This is the pinout of the programming connector:
TeensyProg-Pinout.png

Schematic:
TeensyProg-SCH.jpg

PCB:
TeensyProg-PCB.jpg

Tell me what you think!

Moritz

Hi Did you ever produce this board and get it working?
and is the PCB available?

many thanks

Hi Did you ever produce this board and get it working?
and is the PCB available?

many thanks

Actually no. I designed it for a specific project, that is not based on the teensy anymore. But I can send you the board files if you want to give it a try.

Moritz

Thanks - what did you generate it in.
I was just looking at if there was already the PCB ordered I could piggyback on it if you used on the places that do that. If there isn't a PCB already I'll add them to an order of mine. I'm thinking it will be slightly different from the way you have it. Thanks anyway.

Thanks - what did you generate it in.
I was just looking at if there was already the PCB ordered I could piggyback on it if you used on the places that do that. If there isn't a PCB already I'll add them to an order of mine. I'm thinking it will be slightly different from the way you have it. Thanks anyway.

I use Altium Designer. I can send you my Board files or Gerbers (if you can't read Altium files). But I would suggest that you layout the board yourself if you want to make any changes.

Moritz

Hi Dean,

I can send you the files, but the PCB won't work, because the programm binary has to be loaded into the ARM chip from the MINI54 at every startup.

Moritz

thanks but I've just finished the programmer pcb lol
I wonder if you can tell us on your circuit sda scl pins are not connected to the program header are they not used?
paul indicated that a remote programmer circuit using the mini54 can be used to program a new mk20dx256 with a compiled sketch which would remain after power down the programmer would only be required if you wanted to change the sketch.
dean

Oh, lol I didn't know about this method...

Paul said that the SDA and SCL pins are not used at the moment, so I omitted the from the connector.

I don't have the design files anymore, sorry.

Moritz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back