Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Teensy 3.1 Mouse works great... but not in game?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8

    Teensy 3.1 Mouse works great... but not in game?

    Hi all,

    I just received two teensy 3.1 (not being used in tandem for clarification) and so far I am so impressed with the size! amazing! my entire project has been converted over from a leonardo prototype to the teensy 3.1. I am running the programmer in Serial/Mouse/Keyboard/Joystick and/or Keyboard/Mouse/Joystick and I have had no problems using the mouse on the desktop in relative mouse mode (not absolute because I did not define the size of my screen, I believe this is correct?).

    I have attempted two scenerios:
    #1: The mouse being controlled by 4 digital push buttons (5 way switch).

    #2: The mouse being controlled on two analog pins via an analog joystick.

    Again, both work well on the desktop, but when I go into a fps game (in fullscreen, borderless window, window mode, etc.) the mouse spins uncontrollably. I do not understand what I could be doing wrong. I will post code tonight, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem or can get a sense for what I might be doing wrong or what might be going wrong. Again, this code all worked perfectly before and had been thoroughly tested on an Arduino Leonardo -- and it works perfectly on the desktop!

    Solutions I have tried:
    *I have tried changing response time from 10ms down to 5ms then up higher in increments, etc.
    *changing mouse settings in any game I test to Raw mouse input, turning off raw mouse input, changing mouse acceleration settings, turning off mouse acceleration, etc.
    *tried various screen resolutions (not that this should affect anything since I didnt define a screen size so that the mouse would remain in 'relative mouse mode')
    *tested several games to see if it was an OpenGL or DirectX issue: Half Life 2, Counter-strike Global Offensive, various games I created in Unreal Engine 4, etc.
    *tried different code examples from around the web and used my own code as well.

    Thanks for your help! Again I can post the code I am using if anyone wants to try it out, but like I've mentioned before, it worked well and had been thoroughly tested before migrating to the teensy 3.1. and it works perfectly on the desktop! *sorry to repeat myself with redundant info, I just wanted to be extremely clear*


    edit: I also wanted to clarify, everything else is working perfectly so far. all push buttons, etc. and are extremely responsive!
    Last edited by Kaizien; 04-03-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •