donation mechanism (e.g., Paypal) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevech

donations?

Would PJRC welcome unsolicited donations in consideration for all the work done in software?

Seems fair to me, given the net profits from hardware sales are likely not huge. And no doubt, countless numbers of hours have gone into the libraries.

Via a mechanism like PayPal.

Last edited:
Buying a Teensy is the way to "donate" :D

Robin and I talked about this thread last night. We're flattered anyone's talking about donating. At the same time, while it's hard to articulate exactly why, we just don't feel quite right about accepting pure donations. We'd much rather sell real, tangible products.

Posting a video or blog about something you've made, especially if leverages the speed or special features of Teensy, is incredibly helpful. Sites like Hack-a-Day love to carry stories about real projects, especially if you've made a video. There's a huge "Arduino Market" out there and still there are lots of people who've never heard of Teensy, or they assume it's "just another Arduino clone", so spreading the word about Teensy really helps. But if you do this, please make it first and foremost about what you actually built, rather than an ad for Teensy.

Would be cool to have donations tied to libraries, which would be a win-win. A nice way to gauge interest.

Maybe donations could even go to contributors, the people who take on a library for the teensy. Having more/better functionality out-of-the-box helps pjrc more than a donation.

It would be nice if there was a pool of money that was growing for a certain feature, that would then be picked up by someone.

I know that this probably wouldn't happen, cause it's not trivial to organize. A poll of what libraries people are most interested in would be helpful still tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back