Schematic for Teensy 3.1 OctoWS2811 adapter card please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardFerraro

Paul,

Is it posted or can you please post the schematic for the Teensy 3.1 OctoWS2811 adapter card.

I can't figure out what pins are used or unused?

thanks,

Richard Ferraro

Paul,

Is it posted or can you please post the schematic for the Teensy 3.1 OctoWS2811 adapter card.

I can't figure out what pins are used or unused?

thanks,

Richard Ferraro

This is a nice board for the Teensy, but it will be nice to know all about for those pins.

Is this really not clear from the octoWS2811 documentation?

Its not clear to me. Last night hooking up one Ws2812 LED strip was easy, but ... I scratched my head trying to find out how to hook the SPI strip.

So far I understood this. If I want to use SPI addressable LEDs, I need to use two RJ-45 cables. Correct ? I came out with these pins relationship between Teensy 3.1 and octo2811.
octo2815 pins.PNG

If this is correct, now I understand why there are two RJ-45 jacks.

NOTE: The picture above listing the pins is not correct, I will post later the correct picture.

Here is the corrected pic, I think:

octo2811.JPG

Last edited:
Hopefully this helps?

Yes it does, thank you. The schematic confirms the pins layout I posted. I know now about those other pins connected to Teensy pins 0, 1, 23, etc.

If I am correct here, reversing pin 1 direction(LOW), the Octo2811 becomes bi-directional assuming pin 1 is toggled to LOW before reading in the data. This opens the door to some other projects that require some kind of active logic level converter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back