T3.1 WIZ820io Safari Webserver Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmercer

Hello to everyone,

I'm hoping someone could replicate or shed light on my problem.

Hardware: T3.1, WIZ820io w/ PJRC Adaptor, Mac computer. I'm running a straight cable directly from the mac into the WIZ.

Software: Teensyduino 1.18, Arduino 1.0.5, WebServer.ino sketch from Ethernet examples, Safari browser 7.0.3

I modified the stock WebServer sketch for mac address and ip. Also added a ifdef to remove the refresh directive for the http header.

Here's my sketch: View attachment WebServerOriginalExample.ino

I can run this setup successfully all day. I've run separate stress tests accessing the sd card and hiting the webserver every sec and everything seems OK.

Problem: I created a bookmark in Safari to access the server and the server crashes nearly every time I use it.

The request header when I paste the server ip into Safari and sent it to a freshly rebooted setup:

new client
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: 169.254.11.144
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_2) AppleWebKit/537.75.14 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.3 Safari/537.75.14
Accept-Language: en-us
DNT: 1
Connection: keep-alive

client disonnected

Now I can press the Safari refresh icon as many times as I please to get:

new client
GET / HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_2) AppleWebKit/537.75.14 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.3 Safari/537.75.14
Cache-Control: max-age=0

client disonnected

Everything is fine. I save the page as a bookmark and put it on the favorites bar, press it and get:

new client
GET / HTTP/1.1

client disonnected

And the server hangs never to be heard from again.

So the server is able to read the client header and print it to serial, then something happens. I don't know at what level its failing at hardware, software, ethernet, SPI. I do know, from a separate test, I can crash the web server and still be reading the SD card into the serial monitor.

I tried this in Firefox without this problem, however, I found that if I quickly bounce the refresh icon on Firefox, the server crashes without sending a reply at all.

I'm not really interested in browser bugs and quirks, but I am interested in protecting the server.

Any ideas for keeping the server alive? or detecting and restarting it if it locks up?

Let me know if there is a better forum to post this question.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back