Weensy (That's a W not T where W is for Wifi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyfp

I've put together a new board that is based on a Teensy, but has Wifi or Ethernet as well as two Dc-Dc converters to allow 24v POE and SD card holders. It can be configured to be wifi-SD, wifi+2x SD, Ethernet(POE24v) + SD and Wifi/Ethernet(POE24v) + SD (Not quite sure what project I would need both Wifi and Ethernet at the same time on the same board).

It's twice the size of a teensy but I've made this board to be interchangable between either Wifi or Ethernet depending on my project requirements.

It uses a 4mm Mini54 and am having trouble getting it to be seen by the PC and need to narrow down where the issue is.

Currently I've only cooked a Wifi version but will try a ethernet version if I can't get the Wifi one working.

My question is, does the Mini54 have a heartbeat or something to indicate that it is alive, that I can probe? Does the Mini54 spin up the MK20 and enable the crystal from the get go or only after an upload?

I've attached the schematic for those that are nosey, or would like to comment.

Attachments

• teensyside.jpg
    teensyside.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 152
  • wifiside.jpg
    wifiside.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 140
  • weensyschematic.jpg
    weensyschematic.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
My question is, does the Mini54 have a heartbeat or something to indicate that it is alive, that I can probe?

When you pull the Program signal low, the Mini54 should respond by pulling Reset low.

Also, you should know PJRC may be planning to use this name for a product later this year (but not Wifi-based).

Thanks for that. Looks like the mini54 is either blown or not seated right, most likely the latter. Time for dead bug style!

As Weensy is taken how about fooffy teensy ant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back