Audio Streaming on teensy 3.0/3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadder_all

Hi,

I have been messing with the Audio shield for a little bit and now want to dive into wireless transmissions. I have been looking at various rf modules like the Xbee, IMP, and bluetooth modules. The Xbee is not ideal due to its low throughput. I also don't want to use bluetooth as I want to learn more about networking/IP. Can someone please guide me along and suggest some hardware? I would also like to hear about the feasibility of this project as I am not even sure it can be done, at least in a timely manner. I have a lot of big ideas for this but would like to start simple. I think the simplest scenario would be a "base" station with local storage of music, broadcasting data through its wifi antenna to a receiver end and using the audio shield to play the music. .mp3 are compressed audio files, but unsupported on the audio shield. Should I use an mp3 decoder on the receiver and sender? Or should I just buffer the data and use .wav? I am very lost on this and would greatly appreciate any input. I very much want to put in a lot of time to get this to work. Anyone could buy a streaming device, but I want to understand the backend.

I think I have it backwards. It would be easier to have local storage and use a wifi module to access it rather than stream audio wirelessly. Can the latter be done also?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back